Friday 19 October 2012

WIP: Anise body finished

Really pleased with how the Anise is coming along.

I have finshed the body and it's starting to look like a jacket!  The sides are pinned for now as I've added a bit more to the side seams over the hips to try and get rid of the pooling at the back.  Have a feeling I should have done a swayback adjustment, but too late now!

Look at the fraying seams!  The inside looks like a plate of spaghetti!

Back view (oops - I think those darts need a bit more pressing!)


I'm really happy with the curved back seams - I basted with silk thread as instructed and it's given a great finish, so I think I'll be doing more hand basting in future.  I used to find it slow and frustrating but I've really seen on this project why it is necessary.



It has 8 bound buttonholes (one is slightly wonky and of course is not one of the mock ones that will be partly covered by a button).

I'm really pleased with the welt pockets!  One may actually be on backwards but you can only tell on the inside!

4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely so far! The color is just dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! am liking how it is coming together!

      Delete
  2. This is looking really nice, great colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh how lovely... Your hard work is paying off

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!