Thursday 26 June 2014

Capital Chic patterns launches!




Today is an exciting day for one of our lovely Spoolettes! Sally who you will know as the genius refashioner Charity Shop Chic is launching her pattern line Capital Chic!

Sally is known for her modern and catwalk inspired makes which have a different aesthetic to a lot of other more vintage inspired pattern companies, and this really comes through in her first collection.

As the name suggests, it's a really chic and sleek collection of work and evening wear. If you saw the photos from the Minerva Crafts evening party, you'll recognise the Martini dress that Sally was wearing, and I know you're going to see some of her patterns popping up on your favourite blogs soon.

My favourite pattern is the Bellini blouse which has options for a cutaway and a scalloped collar and has french seams and bound armholes. I've had a sneak peak at the pattern and the instructions are really clear and show you how to construct the french seams if you haven't done them before. You'll see it on the blog soon!



Wishing Sally all the luck in the world with this one and hope you all love the patterns! You can read about the line here, see the full range of patterns here and purchase either print at home or print at copy shop pdfs from her site here. Which is your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by these! I love the Bellini too but also the Martini and the White Russian! The girl is a genius! Looking forward to seeing your blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, thanks so much for sharing this preview of my new venture! Your support means a lot. I'm so excited to be finally able to tell the world about it. Also, I can't wait to see your version of Bellini! I know you'll look great in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blueversion of Bellini much more than the chosen pink featured image...It's incredible how fabric choice can make the same pattern look different. So it's great they offer diffent looks on their site.
    I also like Cosmopolitan dress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!